Monday, August 1, 2011

News and Developments

It's only been a week, and already big things are happening here at FCR. I do a great deal of posting and research in the automotive industry, but had no idea what good would come of it.

Hot Rod Magazine had posted a quick photo on behalf of a former cover car owner, he was trying to find out what became of that car after he sold it in 1979. I posted a comment to let HRM know what I was working on, and that I'd be happy to aid in the search.

Turn out they sent the owner my email, and hopefully I'll have an ad up here for him shortly to help him find his lost ride. Generally I would just post an ad, but due to a 3rd party involvement I'm waiting to here back with permission from the former owner, as well as try to get some background on the vehicle.

I also located the owner of my old '81 El Camino, the car that started it all. Spoke with him briefly by email, and hopefully we can iron out the details about my purchasing it back from him. It was definitely a positive experience, and I'll update as negotiations proceed.

I feel the need to reiterate that this blog is going to thrive on user generated content. That means I need you to comment or email me if you're looking for one of your old cars. I'm here to help you look and network within the automotive community in the hopes of reuniting you with your car.

I was able to make my search a success with a little time, effort, and creative investigating, and I'd like to do the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment